Monday, August 4, 2008

A Holiday Giggle


Good Evening I actually got out of work while there was some daylight left today. How refreshing! I just hope I can squeeze out another early day soon so I can take my somewhat new car in to be fixed. It seems the airbag light wants to go on for me. I am so afraid the sensor is going to make the sucker deploy and make mincemeat of me :) BG!

I have used the Unity "Giggle Grove" set for so many other seasons I thought I would try my hand at making a simple holiday card. I stamped it on white cs and embossed it using a rectangle die from Spellbinders. I colored the circles in leaving some spots uncolored using Copic lipstick red marker and added some Ranger glossy 3D crystal. The bird was paper pieced using some real awesome paper I had from Chatterbox called "Gingerbread Flowers" and for the green trim, bird wing and scallop circle, I used the reverse side of the paper. I know, what a waste! This paper is a couple of years old but I would love to get more of it. Love it!. I thought about adding some ribbon to the card and opted not to. Do you think it is too plain? "Merry and Bright" is from HA.

I am off to make some sympathy cards a few relatives are in real bad shape and mom just told me a friend has passed.

Enjoy your evening and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

No, I don't think it's too plain at all! I LOVE IT!! Love the shiny red berries...LOVE the square scored part and that birdie is too too cute! =)

Abra Leah Cross said...

I agree - I think the white background just makes the berries and birdie stand out even more. I call these Zen cards. :)