Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Holidays


Hello and Happy Saturday. I still have not tackled cleaning my stamp room. It seems like every time I walk into it I pick up something else and start playing. I hate it because it is really over due for a massive cleanup. Anyone have any free time this weekend and feel energetic?

For this card I used a color combo that normally I would not think would work but it is perfect together. I went with Lasting Impressions "cashew dots" and "avacado bold stripes". I first created the tree using LI software then embossed and mounted it to a scalloped rectangle "Nestie", then added a matching button. I wanted to make it an all Lasting Impression card so I went with a gold brass sentimetal to complete it. I really am not happy with the sentimetal they seem to rust easily and turn colors. Does anyone else that uses them have any tips or problems with them?


Time to go shopping for dinner and party makings for tomorrow. Enjoy your evening and thanks for popping in!

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

Hi Nettie, I usually only use the silver ones, but I've never had trouble with them rusting or anything. I love your card!

Shirley said...

Nettie, I love your tree and how you chose to do your words. The ribbon behind the tree is wonderful too!