Thursday, May 1, 2008

Winner (S) and Brothers Birthday Card - HUSH!



Ok, before I announce the winner I thought I would share a card I made. I have been under the weather all week it has really zapped my creativity. My brothers birthday is Sunday and I know I need to make him a card but I couldn't resist playing with some new stamps. We all know new stamps are a great way to get the juices flowing.... Well not in this case if your my brother! I hardly think he would appreciate this card. I better snap out of this spell soon for his sake.I'm not sure I am pleased enough to give this card to anyone. I kept adding and adding until I thought it was jazzed up enough and I still think it lacks something. All stamps are from CHF. I stamped the background and image in Colorbox rose then embossed bottom of image using LI template. I covered the clip in matching background paper. Added some rivets to notebook paper then brown ribbon to complete.

You might have noticed the title of this post. I decided I could not have JUST ONE winner since so many bloggers were kind enough to add me to their blog rolls. I have decided to select a second and third place winner to recieve a homemade address book from me. I will be adding all the bloggers that I don't have on my blog roll within the next few days.

Winners please contact me with your mail addresses, also include your favorite colors and name you would like on your books. Thanks!

Grand Prize Winner
Littlekel90 said...
Wow, what great little treats! I am SO behind with my blog hoppin' I almost missed leaving you a comment.

Well, I haven't made my mom's gift yet, but it will probably be something handmade, too. Last year I made her a Mother's Day album with pictures of her mom and her, me and her and my son and her -- not sure how to top that one *wink* I will think of something great though, because she is ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! My mom is definitely one of my best friends (next to DH of course), and I love her dearly. She sacrificed a lot as a single parent for a number of years.

As for my blog roll, girl, you have been there for a while now!! :D Been in my google reader since I first found you and Kathy! {hugs} Kel

April 25, 2008 8:13

Runner Up Diane said...
What a fabulous blog. Definitely will add to my blog list even if you weren't giving away blog candy...which is very generous.

Reading over everyone else's entries is very touching. Reading the notes by those whose mothers are gone makes me incredibly more grateful mine is still a vital part of my life. My mother is 81 and is an avid card-maker. We sit side-by-side by the hour and make cards. She is a delight...such a sweetie. One of my gifts to her is helping her with an album of her highschool friends that she still meets with. Can you believe that!

Thanks for the chance at your candy. Congratulations on all the hits. Can easily see how you got them all!!

April 29, 2008 2:35 AM

JoanOttevanger said...
Hi Nettie, I post a link on my blog to yours this day I loved your work it's fabulous

April 20, 2008 7:07 AM








3 comments:

Kelly L said...

Wow!! I am so excited! Thank you so much, Nettie. I don't win things often, so I am doubly thrilled. :) Kelly

The Crafty Chik said...

Congratulations girls!!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Congrats to the winners! Nettie I can't believe you're not happy with that card. I love it. I love the colors, embellies and everything about it!