Saturday, May 3, 2008

Brothers Birthday Card


I finally made a card for my GOOFY brother! This is for my OLDER brother who is one heck of a good guy. My brother is a sweety but wouldn't want anyone to know. Years back he bought a new house and left behind were huge sheets of card stock (30" x 60") of course he called his lil sis and told me to come and get it ALL! His house is located not far from American Greetings so, my guess is prior tenant must have worked for them. I was in heaven and still have quite a bit of it left.

So, for my sweet goofy brother I came up with this colorful card stamp is by Whipper Snapper. I used black ink and embossing it before coloring with Copic Markers. I was having some truple trying to blend it. My clear blender must be dead already:(. Card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 square and I used some patterned paper that I have had for years, not use of origin but it at one time appears it was in a 6x6 pad of sorts. Wording is clipart.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I can get out of this funk soon.

2 comments:

GiftsByHeidi said...

If this is what you make when you're in a funk, I must be brain dead! This card is awesome! I love the bright colors and your coloring looks wonderful.

Kelly L said...

Not sure my last comment went through.

I agree with Heidi, if this is how creative you are in a funk, I am surprised that you like ANY of my cards. This is adorable. I love the bright colors, and the sentiment is too funny! :) Kel