Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Pink Paisley Daisy card



I hope everyone had a wonderful week as you can see from the lack of my post, mine was extremely stressful and my creativity is just coming back to me. I still have yet to finish my moms Mother's Day gift. I have picked it up every day this week and then set it back! It's a good thing a quality of any mother is patience because mine might need it. She is lucky if I get it done by her birthday in September at the rate I'm going. I really think my hangup is with the colors I chose to use on it they are the same colors I used to create this card.

I picked this paisley paper up at Michaels on sale a few weeks ago by Making Memories line. I paired it with some Lasting Impressions blush and mounted it to cashew stock which picks up on the lightest color of the paisley. The ribbon is also from LI. I stamped wording using both coral and rouge Colorbox Chalk inks. I sewed the edging around pink using white thread and as you can see bobbin was messed up but it ADDS a nice look so I left it! The daisies are a Boss Cut die that I pleated in center of petals to give more of a 3D look.

Have a good Saturday morning and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Nettie, I love this card. The 3-D effect for the flowers is just great and I like the way you tucked the "smile" in under the flower. Good idea! TFS

Kelly L said...

Very pretty. This does give it a neat look, and the 3-D flowers are gorgeous!