Friday, May 30, 2008

A Male Get Well Gift







Everyone knows how hard it is to come up with ideas for guys and especially a get well card or gift for that special guy. Well, I finally get to share with you a little get well gift I put together for a good embossing buddies hubby who is having some back surgery done this week. When I first saw this tool belt posted on Mel's blog I knew it would be perfect for this guy since he is quite talented and loves making wood creations. His work is pure artistry and I sure hope he likes this. Since, it was for an embossing buddy I used a Lasting Impressions template for the tools and created the little "Get Well" manual with their software. I only wish I had some 1/4" wire instead of 1/2" to bind it since binding is a little large for the manual. I didn't use any fancy tools to create the tool belt other then my sewing machine. I used my paper cutter to bend and score where needed. I did do a faux leather finish (see tip below) I filled the belt with some feel good treats from a local nut company and a crossword book to keep him busy while healing.

I have made faux leather before without incident but when I picked up this paper it tore. I recommend you use a soft paper like linen. I used a specialty paper that had a wood content to it and it turned out to be too brittle which made working with it rough.

The uses for this tool belt are endless and it is a pretty decent size as you can see I put a lb. of nuts in it without trouble.

5 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is amazing. I love the get well manual; how clever are you! Gorgeous job. I'm sure he'll love it--whoever WOODn't wood be nuts...heehee! Thanks so much for leaving me the link so I could find your blog. It's so exciting to know the tutorial inspired you. :0) mel

Gwen said...

wow! that is JUST adorable!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!

Heather said...

Fantastic manly gift. You really hit it!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Wow, Nettie!! This is fabulous! I love it!

Kelly L said...

Wow, Nettie, you truly have me in awe with your creative ideas! I love this!! :) Now I really want a bind-it-all to create these for the guys in my family, too. Just fabulous! :) Kel