Saturday, March 8, 2008
Sock It To Me Blog Challenge
My first BLOG CHALLENGE opened to ALL bloggers!
What's a "Sock It to me" Challenge you ask? Simple, you buy a pair of funky socks and use them as your inspiration to create a matching card then choose another blogger and sock it to them! I created two pairs to offer up and send out to two lucky bloggers.
Here are the rules, I know everyone hates them but we have to keep order:)
1. Make a card matching your funky socks and link it to this post.
2. You can send it to another blogger gifting it as blog candy or any other method you wish. I will leave this up to you but you must pass them on.
3. I will hold the challenge open until March 18th
4. Two random winners will be selected to receive the cards and matching socks displayed with this post.
5. It is all about FUN, I hope you will take on the challenge.
Now for the basics on the cards.
The shoe one was created using navy, aqua, and turquoise card stock. I colored it in using Copic markers (B05, B29). For the leaves I used Prismacolor Marker (dark green). The flowers were white Prima flowers that I colored with Copic markers to match. The shoe stamp is from Make an Impression. Shoe stamp is my Sentiments Exactly. For the upper I used my circle Cuttlebug folder.
Socks came from Marc's Discount Store.
The second card flower I used a flower from the retro See D's set and stamped it on to turquoise card stock using black ink. The wording is from Dollar Store that I picked up in my travels and stamped it using teal Memories ink pad. The tiny buttons are from Making Memories. The upper is a Cuttlebug flower folder. Socks came from Target.
You won't believe how easy it is to gain inspiration from a pair of socks. The shoe one I created I would NEVER have thought to pair those colors together but it is great combo on paper.