Friday, March 7, 2008

Embrace Life



My lovely daughter sent me a goodie box filled with all sorts of goodies so she wouldn't hear me cry about not having any stamps, which by the way I have about 50 percent more then her...BUT mine are all old and I like so many of the new ones. I had mentioned that I really liked the new Stampin Up "Embrace Set" so she enclosed a few images for me to play around with. I think I really am going to have to buy this set! This card measures is 5 1/2 squared. I mounted the LI pattern paper on to black linen, colored the images in using my watercolor pencils and markers (see below for tip). I used my Spellbinder oval dies to mount word onto. For the corners, I had none that matched and since they were self adhesive I ripped off the top layer and got it down to plain chipboard, dunked it in my ink and it worked like a charm. I added a little sparkle to flowers with crystal Sticklers.

Tip: You can easily use the same method as you would with Copic markers to blend them. Scribble some of the color on a piece of acetate and use your watercolor blender to blend.

No comments: