Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Love


Hello, this post will be real quick since we have some real nasty storms here and I will probably be losing power any minute. I wanted to share this quick card I made testing out my new Nestibilities last night. I really like the simplicity of this cake stamp from Unity. The clean lines allow you to color it without much effort if you desire. I love stamps like this because it is easy to jazz them up with flowers or paper piece them and are virtually goof proof!:)
I used red and a very soft pale yellow leather like paper purchased from Hallo's, a local paper wholesaler here. The upper was embossed with Swiss Dot folder from Cuttlebug, the lower was embossed using a Fiskar "Line" texture plate. I first ran it through my Wizard in one direction then reversed it to get tiny checkered blocks. I used Adirondack "Espresso" to stamp both cake and wording. The itty bitty heart button and plastic "love" word is a Valentine's gift from my DD and I am not sure where it came from, sorry.

This card is very similar to one I submitted to Take Ten and had published a couple of years ago. I am not sure how they photograph cards for publications but for some reason the card appeared in the issue with the wording backwards:)

I am off to finish dinner before power goes off and I starve! Night

2 comments:

Donna said...

I really like the idea of the heart on the top of the cake, Nettie. A very cute card and very well designed! :-)

Heather said...

Very cute design. I love the red and the white and all the little details.