Sunday, July 6, 2008

Joy


Morning all, after seeing Kathy's colorful card I decided I would try and add a bit of color in my life. I have a super hard time using color but when I see her cards I think," why not"! This is my fragile attempt at using non traditional colors to create a holiday card. All papers, ribbon and template are from Lasting Impressions. The acetate is a gift from brother. The chipboard letters are from KI and I recolored them to match. The purple polka dot background paper is actually an envelope that I cut to size, it too is from LI. I thought it would be cute to do a snow globe for the "O" in Joy so I cut some acetate circles using the largest Spellbinder's circle die and as luck would have it for some reason it only scored the acetate did not cut through it. I think it may be the gauge of it. Brother works at a factory it may be a higher quality then most use, more of a vinyl. Anyhow I first created the scene inside one clear circle and sandwiched it between another after sprinkling some glitter inside.


Kathy's title is still in tact - that girl is Queen of Bright!



3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh...this is a great card! I love everything about it!What first brought me to your cards was all of your Lasting Impressions embossed cards...they are amazing---as is this one! Christmas in July...wow is Kathy's blog a fun one too! Keep 'em coming!

Kathy K said...

Love it! The colors are fabulous, and so is the snow globe idea!

Heather said...

Great trees- I love the soft colors.