Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Bleached Cougar




Today I started off knowing I had a couple of girly girl swap cards to make and wound up making this card. Go FIGURE! I also totally forgot I had to take the hubby to have 1/2 his teeth removed so 5 hours of sitting in a dentist office killed my creativity.



I almost did not share this card but thought I would because it uses a couple of techniques that are fun and make for a quick card. To create I first using a versmark stamped the image onto black linen stock then embossed it with black embossing powder. Once embossed I got out the bleach and brushed it on to the cougar. I colored it in using Twinkling H2O's adds a nice shimmer to image. Secondly, I made a faux leather background to mount it on. I accomplished this by taking a piece of linen mustard stock and saturating it with water then wadding it into a ball, squeezing out excessive water, lying it out to dry flat. Simple huh?


Supplies

Stamp - Sugarloaf

Bleach

Twinkling H2O's

Linen card stock Black & mustard

Ribbon -tweed brown Joann's

Ribbon Buckle Making Memories

5 comments:

Kathy K said...

love it! I'll have to try this.

Peggy Maier said...

Beautiful card! You did a great job & I'm glad you shared it with us!

peata said...

Hiya Nettie.
Thanks heaps for my lovely address book. Now that i've found ur blog i will be back to visit.

scrapbook-crazy.com -all about the mini album
my blog - Crazy bout mini albums :)

GiftsByHeidi said...

Gorgeous card, I've never tried bleach on a card. Sorry about the long dentist trip, doesn't sound fun for your hubby or you!

Margaret Kane Ward said...

This is lovely. I've bleached some simple stamped images, but this cougar is great. (No, wait; that's Tony the Tiger). Just lovely.