Friday, March 13, 2009

A Homely Card


Hi luckily I made this card yesterday to share because today I am back in bed with this dang back! While cleaning my craft room and needing to actually use some of my stash , I found this metal sentiment which was perfect for this card. I paired it up a new stamp I purchased from Starving Artistamps. As you can see I decided to scribble (haven't done that in years) to color and what I didn't scribble I paper pieced. I thought the card needed some clouds and not having any, I stamped the trees a couple of times on to white stock and cut the tops off using them worked out well. The button was added to incorporate a tad bite more of color to the card.


"Home is the sweetest type of heaven" and bed in particular right about now:)


Supplies
Starving Artistamp's DoodleFactory "House"
Plaid "Winter Casual" DP
White cs
Lasting Impressions "Chocolate" cs
Copic Markers
lime thread and sewing machine
Black Versafine Ink
Sentiment (I think) Making Memories
Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful evening



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using the clouds was a fabulous idea Nettie! They turned out great!

GiftsByHeidi said...

Very clever on the clouds Nettie!! Love the paper piecing. Hope your back is feeling better!